Oct 15, 2008

Chekubul Crusade Update November 6, 2006

Greetings!!  Wow!
  I really don't know where to start.  First, keep in your prayers our travel.  I am staying in Emiliano Zapata that is about 120 miles from the meetings because I have rented a 15 passenger van to ferry people to the meetings.  Most of the people can't stay in Chekubul because of work and taking care of things in their homes.   Which means, 240 miles of travel per day.  Part of the road is under construction, so it is taking about 2:15 for the trip.   Of course, the first night we had 17 adults and most of the music group's equipment!!  I kept having to stop and check the back tires and drive slower to keep them from overheating!
   For a first night in a dead town, the meeting was amazing!  I have someone taking a lot of pics, but the internet situation here is VERY poor.  all the flooding has knocked out cell phone communication and most internet.  I went to 5 offices before I found one that worked.  BAD slow!! connecting between 18 and 24k!  I will try to upload some pics tomorrow anyway.  I'll cut them down as much as I can on my laptop so they won't be very good quality.
   OK, to the meeting.  On the very first night, we just about topped the biggest crusade ever for Chekubul.  We are in an outdoor basketball court and park 4 blocks from the church at what used to be the edge of town when we lived there.  Now town extends another 10 blocks!!!  The court was packed and more were in the streets and park than on the court!  By my best estimation there were around 700 there last night.  People were there from 5 states already, some had come from 500 miles away.
   There were people from 5 different denominations that I know of... Assemblies, Church of God, our churches, etc.  Several pastors of other churches came also.
 
   I ended up preaching on the Prodigal Son.  But the Lord had given me a word about both sons.  Remember the son that stayed home got angry when the lost son was blessed!  So I used that part to preach on those who had gotten cold in church, they were in the house, but had not partaken of what was available for them! 
 
  Anyway, the Lord used that and, to be honest, I have never felt an anointing to preach and evangelize like last night.  It just flowed.  I spoke most of the message as fast as I could speak for about an hour and a quarter.  You could really see it pricking people's hearts.
    In the end, we had more than 30 first time decisions for the Lord and I would be afraid to put a number on people that came up hungry and desperate for God.
 
   About half of the ones that had just got saved ended up falling in the spirit speaking in tongues!!  Most were there over half an hour. 
  As we started ministering to the sick and praying for people, we split into groups because of the number.  Person after person was healed.  Robert had a group and I had a group.  There would be someone screaming they were healed on this side then on the other side!   It just kept going on.
 
  The Lord gave me a word for the people that if we would open our hearts, the Lord would do things during these meetings that 20 years from now, people would still be saying remember what God did in Chekubul in 2007?   (Found out Robert had just told Teresa that same message)
 
  God is starting something amazing and lasting.  It is the beginning of a great revival in this part of Mexico.  We are not just doing a meeting.  I can't explain it but things have changed.  This is different. 
I'll give you one example of dozens...
A family came up for prayer, the dad had left them.  They were very downcast.  As I laid hands on them, I can't explain it, but their whole countenance changed.  Mom, her sister and her 3 daughters became drunk in the spirit.  Then came joy!  I haven't even started talking about joy yet!!!  When we left the service to go home, they were trying to carry the family out because none of them could walk and they were still so drunk.  Laughing and with total peace and joy on their faces.  I tell you, it is worth it!

Hey!  Jump in the River!  -Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment