Oct 15, 2008

The State of the Church January 2008

Greetings!

  In praying about this new year, I felt impressed to write some things that the Lord has laid on my heart about the "State of the Church".  I want you to prayerfully and carefully read and consider the words that follow and let the light of God's Word shine into the deepest areas of your heart. 

 May the Lord prosper your way in 2008.

"The State of the Church"

   Don't miss what God is about to do in 2008 because it is fresh and new and doesn't fit the mold of what you are used too.  The hardest time to learn something new is when you are an "expert" in a subject you think you know.  Being "bored" and not staying in that secret place with God is what got David in trouble.
   Just so you know, the spirit of discouragement and heaviness can be thrown off!  It is not that difficult!  What many people pass off as being "weak" in the faith is really spiritual laziness.  Passion can be stirred up!  Read I Sam 30:6  David, facing his entire following that wanted to stone him, standing alone against terrible odds, the Word says... "But David STRENGTHENED himself in the Lord his God"  KJV says he ENCOURAGED himself in the Lord.
   I tell you right now, God has built a hunger for passion into you, you WILL be passionate about something!   Have you seen people stand an hour in 100 degree heat for a thrill ride?  Have you ever seen a bear or a dog or a deer standing in line for something?  Let me tell you, if you are passionate about God, you can trust your passions!
  I was in prayer a few days ago.  It took almost 4 hours for my mind to get quiet and start listening in the Spirit.  We really need to just press in no matter what.  I heard the Holy Spirit ask very clearly, "Scott, what do you want?  What are your desires?"  I answered what I thought would be the correct answer, "well, I want to know you, to be in your will."  He said, what else?  "ok, I want to be able in 2008 to bless the ministry more than ever before, for more open doors."  He then said, "dig deeper, what do you want in 2008?"  I finally said, "I would like to build a church in Mexico and pay for it out of my own pocket, I would like to donate a much better truck than I did last year to the ministry in Mexico," by this time I cought myself and stopped.  I realized I was being set up for a powerful word so I shut up.  In a powerful way like I have never heard the voice of the Lord before, the Holy Spirit spoke, "You have never once asked me what my desire is.  You have asked my will and you have sought my will but you have never asked what I desire."  By now I was pretty shook up and I barely whispered, "Lord, what do you desire?"  Immediately, powerfully He spoke, "I want YOU.  I want your affection, I want to be what you desire, I want YOU."  He went on to explain that my calling was to know Him, to love Him, to be with Him.  What I did in ministry was my assignment, what I was to fulfill in this short time on earth.  I was called to know Him!  What an honor!
   Religion says that passion is not God.  It is impossible to have passion for Jesus and not stir up the enemy!  The biggest hinderance to a real Awakening is not the devil, it is religion!  Without a revelation of who the Holy Spirit is, there will be no power, many have put the Holy Spirit down like it's just a gift.  Without the oil, without the fire, we just become religious.
  Modern religion says we can live like we want and still have the blessings of God.   Modern religion has changed grace and mercy from tools used by believers to live in holiness and righteousness to  a covering to live in sin and still be ok.
  Why do you think that the world's view of the Church is so messed up?  Many of modern day "churches" are nothing more than self-help centers.  We go in, hear a couple of good songs, listen to an "inspirational" message, pray and go home.  That is the majority of America's church experience.  No conviction, no sin, no holiness, no Holy Spirit.  If you don't believe me yet, let me shock you just a bit.  I have personally confirmed all of the following points about what has happened in churches in the last 2 years in America, just to name a few.  
     *  A large church in the Eastern US had an "American Idol" audition with secular music.  The winner sung a secular song from the pulpet before worship started.  The pastor joked about it.  The crowd went wild.
     *  A Texas mega-church held a ten week series on business.  10 weeks, 10 secular business books.  Nothing about God in the messages, just a how-too business plan for Sunday messages.
     *  One "progressive" modern mega-church sponsored a conference called "Re-think your Christianity" and invited non-believers to speak.
     *  I was in a church as a play was going on and a reenactment of a 70's disco hall was played live on stage.  Complete with sensual dance a disco ball and ungodly clothing.
     *  We now have an End-times video game, you can be the good guys or the bad guys.
     *  We have a Jesus action figure!
     *  I don't even want to get into youth ministry, many modern "churches" have introduced secular music into their youth services to "draw in" youth.
     *  I was backstage with the worship team of a mega-church 3 months ago, all the way up to worship time, they were telling jokes, watching football and talking about their instruments.  Not one time did anyone pray, or even speak of worship.  They went on stage in that state.  No power, no anointing, no passion.  I left the service and walked the halls of that building with a serious sense of the fear of God on me.
   People, this list could go on and on.  Wolves posing as ministers have changed sin into failure, grace gives permission to sin and true worship has been forfeited for a "music experience".  If there's not any power, let's give them a show!  "For fast, temporary relief......and you don't really want to pay the price....."

 Sorry, I want the real deal.

   This may sound like a rant at this point, but I said all this for a reason. 

   In 2008, we will not operate by "experimenting" or because it is "a good idea", rather, we will operate in glory and authority.  Luke 4:1 and 14   When Jesus went out into the wilderness, He went "Filled with the Spirit" when He came back, He came "in the Power of the Spirit".  He passed every test.  He walked in the  fullness of the Spirit.  Look what Paul prayed for with out ceasing... Eph 1:16-23  I believe a real Awakening will be birthed out of revelation.  
  Never substitute man's authority for God's revelation.  Just because someone is anointed as a prophet of God does not mean his teachings are perfect.  I have heard many prophets that tried to walk in another calling and mess up!  I have heard direct prophetic words and from the same mouth teachings that made you go... "huh....?"  We cannot walk in another's revelation.  We can benefit from it, it can bless our socks off!  However, we must seek God for ourselves.  We must have a revelation of who God is in our own life.  We must have a fresh revelation of who we are and who He is.  We must be connected to the body.  We must be connected properly.  Relationships will help build and fulfill the purposes of God in your life.  God cannot come into "unaccord" and bring the anointing and "accord".
   People, when we finally get to the place where we are walking as one with the Holy Spirit, Heaven will back up what you say!  
   Socially unacceptable is what turned the world upside down!  The apostles never got over grace and mercy, they used them to propell them into real holiness.  Their words were backed-up by signs and wonders.  They rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name!  (Acts 5:41)

Prophetic Encounter

  To end, I want to leave you with a sobering encounter one of my prophetic friend's ten year old son had a few months ago.  This ten year old boy was cought up in a vision.  He saw Jesus riding down from heaven on a horse.  The boy's dad and others were standing on the earth.  The vision was happening at Dallas/Fort Worth.  The boy kept saying that he could tell Jesus was very mad.  As the boy looked around, he saw there were many statues and pillars man had set up all around.  As Jesus neared, He spoke out with authority, "Who put up these idols?"  One man standing said one was his.  Immediately, Jesus picked the man up and threw him into a dark pit.  As the vision unfolded, Jesus began to give the boy's dad and others different colored horses to ride on.  The boy's dad then told me that the Lord had clearly spoken to them that the big churches and ministries that men have set up as idols and monuments for themselves would begin this very year to be rooted out.  The horses given to people in the prophetic were symbols of authority and strength to carry on the true word of God in Power.  This rooting out would start in Dallas/Fort Worth and quickly spread all over the nation.
   It is time we give our all to seeking the Lord.  To humble ourselves before Him.  To walk in true holiness.  Serving God is a pleasure, it is amazing.  It is the most wonderful thing in the world.  It is what we were created for!
  Let us never use the excuse that we are spiritually weak when we're really spiritually lazy.  This is the day to throw ourselves at his feet, to spend more time than ever in His presence, to feed on the Word like never before!

Can I hear an "Amen"?!?

Rev. Scott McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment