Oct 15, 2008

This is NOT how to have church....... October 26, 2006

Greetings!!  
  Well, we just returned from another church in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in mid October.
   I can't say where because it was very sad!!  My good friend and partner in ministry Steve Lincoln was invited to play with the music team in the church.  God was in it all the way as many awesome connections were made through the meetings and people we were in contact with. 
   Having just returned from "Shatterfest" and seeing hours of worship on end and beautiful ministry time, I was not prepared for this service!
  First, the service was so structured, there was absolutely no room for the Holy Spirit to move.  If you come at me and say, well, our church has to finish at a certain time because we have too many people and too many services, I say.... hogwash.  You just don't want the Holy Spirit to ruin your services.  If you are hungry, you WILL make a way for God to move.
   Second, I was so sad because in that same building we received massive amounts of anointing back in the 90's.  Our whole family was touched in a HUGE way in that same building!!!
   Third, I went and sat on the back row in the far left side of the building and could not help but weep.  I looked across 3 services with 3,000 to 4,000 in each service and saw thousands of people that were defeated, not living totally for God, being made comfortable in their sins and having no real relationships.  
  Fourth, both in Shatterfest and at this church, the Lord opened my spiritual eyes and I was able to see angels and what was happening in the Spirit.
  It was scary.
  At Shatterfest the glory was so great I could hardly look at it.  Angles were coming from all areas and the light was reaching into the heavens and shining for miles around.   At this church, it was so dim you could hardly see.   The few souls of the people present that were white were so dim it was hardly making an effect on the darkness.
  Fifth, I sat with the worship team backstage before the service and we prepared for the service by watching the Texas Tec Football game!  There was no prayer, not even talk of any flow in the meeting.  I could not believe that people involved in worship in a church of over 10,000 were not even worshipers themselves.

  I am not in any way judging these people, God is the judge.  This was just a huge warning to me to not let my guard down.  Never let church be something that we have to do.  Never let it become just another meeting.  We go to get fed, we go to get in the presence of God with other believers.  We go to grow in the Spirit.

  If God does not have control of the time in your church, may I be bold and say that you're in the wrong church?  

No comments:

Post a Comment